Program Development Officer
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Program Development Officer
Program Development Officer CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnership with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications, for the below-mentioned position, from interested Nepalese candidates.
Program Development Officer (Based in Kathmandu)
Program Development Officer Program Development Officer (PDO) is responsible to coordinate the development of concept notes and proposals for submission to donors. This position requires closely working with thematic coordinators, technical specialists and budgeting experts during the design process.
This position will be the focal point for ‘sustainable development longer-term’ Project proposals but can support Emergency proposal development as necessary. The incumbent is expected to ensure mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion considerations into all designs, documents and also ensure that new program development is aligned to the CARE Nepal Country Office Business Plan.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Posted Date||16 Oct, 2020|
|Apply Before||05 Nov, 2020|
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences / Economics / Development Management or other related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in the development sector in project/ program design and development. Familiarity with current development practices, policies and organizations in Nepal.
Skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Strong knowledge and experience in project/program design and development.
- Knowledge and experiences on program strategy development and goal setting.
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Familiar with international development goals and country strategies.
- Excellent writing, documentation and dissemination skills.
- Strong ability to work in a team and coordinate tasks and responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge on gender equity and diversity, and rights-based programming.
- Ability to use computer applications
Program Development Officer Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. The detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 05 November 2020.
Program Development Officer Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.