Monitoring Evaluation Accountability
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Human Rights and Environment Development Centre (HuRENDEC) Nepal, Kalikot has been established in Kalikot and working in the Karnali region for more than 2 decades.The organization has been working on need-based action-orientated multi-disciplinary areas through social mobilization especially focusing on human rights, livelihood, micro-enterprise, infrastructure, climate change, cash for work, lobby/advocacy, empowerment, disaster management, natural resource management, and eco-friendly infrastructure.
HuRENDEC Kalikot has been implementing ‘Sustainable Livelihood and Biodiversity Conservation in remote mountain villages in the Himalayas (SuLABH)” project with the support of the Germany/ BMZ. The duration of the project is 3 years and the areas are Kalikot, Mugu, and Humla district. HuRENDEC is the lead implementing partner RPUDP Humla and MCDC Mugu are distracted, local partners.
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability The project aims to improve the livelihood of the community and conserve biodiversity in the Karnali region. For this, HuRENDEC Kalikot invites application from result-oriented and highly motivated Nepalese candidates for the following position.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Contract Type: H-SC 6
Duty Station: Kalikot (frequent movement in project areas)
Report to: Program Director and Project Coordinator
Salary and Benefits: As per the organization’s norm commensurate with the project agreement
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability The position holder is responsible for the monitoring of project activities within the project framework. S/He will responsible to effectively implement the activities and ensure the quality of work. S/he will also be responsible for the good quality reports and develop lesson learned documentation establishing routine data collection and result-based project monitoring systems.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop M&E framework of the SULABH project to measure the outcomes against goals and indicators throughout the project period;
- Lead planning, implementation, and M&E activities of SULABH project in collaboration with Project coordinator;
- Provide technical guidance and ensure adequate understanding of agro forest-based livelihood interventions, value chains, and entrepreneurship;
- Agriculture interventions are properly planned, monitored, and adjusted as required and monitor the project activities through extensive field visits;
- Ensure timely production and submission of technical and financial reports of the project in line with organizational and donor requirements;
- Develop innovative and successful approaches and good practices in areas of conservation and livelihood in the project;
- Facilitate the project team in target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEAL plan and its effective implementation
- Facilitate and support in planning and conducting surveys, monitoring, progress review, and internal evaluation of the project
- Field monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the project activities regularly
- Facilitate the meetings, training, and high-level visits from stakeholders and donors
- Ensure partners and stakeholders are aware, positive, and supportive of the project through timely information sharing
- Ensure and oversee the implementation of the project’s accountability mechanism at the community level
- Supervise and support to field level staff, providing practical advice and guidance especially in agricultural components
- Ensure documentation and generation of the knowledge products as guided by the project document
- Ensure that lesson learned are documented and shared within, project teams, communities and stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Forestry, Environment, Natural Resource Management, Agro economy, social science, education or management (Masters preferred)
- At least two years‘ work experience in a relevant field with implementing, monitoring, and reporting of projects.
- Experience in livelihood related project, forest-based enterprise, and agriculture value chain projects in rural settings will add value.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong proficiency in English and Nepali language
- Proven excellent report writing and learning documents developing skills
- Practical knowledge in M&E framework, data management, and experience in Planning and Monitoring of the project
- Strong analytical, critical thinking; ability to produce routine progress summaries for reporting purposes.
- Build a congenial working relationship with CBOs, stakeholders, partners, and other projects
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum Supervision
- Good command of MS Office package and skilled on statistical packages such as Ms. Access, Excel, SPSS, SATA etc
- Excellent inter-personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong interest to work on agriculture value chain based livelihood improvement approach and experienced in agriculture-based business plan development
- Commitment to work for the full project duration
- Understanding of database management skills
- Good photography and videography skills will add value
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in a difficult environment according to travel requirements.
|Class||Development and Project|
|Position kind||Full Time|
|Education||Please check the vacancy details|
|Posted Date||02 Oct 2020|
|Apply Earlier than||08 Oct 2020|
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Results-oriented individuals may submit an application with an updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th October 2020. Women, Dalit, Indigenous, Madhesi, and local candidates will be highly appreciated to apply and preferred for the selection process. Applicants must mention applied position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the selection process. Any canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.