Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources Consultant At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class, or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people’s incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation, and hygiene.
SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services, and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive, and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes, and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results.
Human Resources Consultant Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence, and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in people’s lives. For further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Human Resources Consultant
Contract type: Consultancy contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization with long-term, local presence in over 25 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our team works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and WASH.
As our program in Nepal is undergoing a change process and to support this we are looking for a talented and experienced dynamic Nepali professionals to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
Overview of the Position
HR Consultant will support various HR functions, support on creating a supportive high performing country team, delivering efficient processes, smart recruitment, promoting gender and social inclusion, and support business development efforts.
- Leading day to day recruitment efforts with oversight from the Operations and HR Manager and in coordination with office administration including;
- advertising recruitment opportunities; shortlisting applications; interview process (working with the hiring manager, set up and serve the interview process – confirming interview date/time with candidates and selectors, ensuring interview questions and copies of CVs are prepared, assessment tests were undertaken, room bookings made).
- review references and provide evaluation overviews correspond with selected candidates regarding offers, confirmation of appointment, and employment contracts; informing other candidates of their election result.
2. HR Review and Change process
- Support the change processes including the new job house, review, and updating of ToRs for all staff with the support of their supervisor.
- In coordination with CD, Operations and HR Manager and country management team support the role out of the new job house and organization alignment by February 2021.
- Undertake a comprehensive benchmarking activity on salaries and benefits.
- Support in the revision of the HR Manual, providing advisory on processes in line with the prevailing labor law.
3. Support to HR Systems & Information
- Circulate HR correspondence/Memos/Updates and as authorized by the CD and Operations and HR manager.
- Maintain relevant HR databases and systems –Smart Recruiter by providing routine summary reports to the line managers.
- Support and Track completion by managers of the annual Performance Appraisal Review process (PAR), bringing issues of concern to the Operations and HR manager.
- Ensure a system is in place for management of up to date HR personnel records, and exercise confidentiality at all times.
- Review and improve the HR exit processes.
4. HR Support
Provide day to day support for national & international staff in line with SNV Nepal’s commitments to staff.
5. General support to CD and Country CMT
Complete other related tasks in support of the CD and change process.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Posted Date||30 Sep 2020|
|Apply Before||11 Oct 2020|
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or in relevant field.
- 3 years at a medium level in Human Resources Responsibilities for an international organization or private institutions;
- Excellent knowledge of Nepali Labour laws and its application;
- Experience of online recruitment and performance management systems essential;
- Experience of Change processes/management desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to Human Resources of donor funds;
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation;
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to articulate HR risks, needs, and opportunities to senior management;
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficiency /Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill in the use of Excel
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken
Period of Performance: 4 months
Desired Start Date: 1st November 2020
Contract Type: Consultancy Contract
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Required Number of Position: 1
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV (not more than 3 pages) with a motivation letter (not more than 1 page) by clicking on the “I’m interested” button before 11 October 2020.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
Human Resources Consultant