Data and GIS Manager
Job posted on 18 Oct, 2020Apply earlier than 23 Oct, 2020
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Data and GIS Manager
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Catastrophe Danger Administration Undertaking
Scope of Work
Data and GIS Manager DAI works on the chopping fringe of worldwide improvement, combining technical excellence, skilled challenge administration, and distinctive customer support to resolve our purchasers’ most complicated issues.
Since 1970, DAI has labored in 150 growing and transition nations, offering complete improvement options in areas together with disaster mitigation, democratic governance and public sector administration, agriculture and agribusiness, personal sector improvement and monetary providers, economics and commerce, water and pure sources administration, and vitality and local weather change.
Purchasers embody worldwide improvement businesses, worldwide lending establishments, personal companies and philanthropies, and host-country governments. Extra details about DAI might be discovered on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Catastrophe Danger Administration Undertaking will strengthen the capability of Nepal’s nationwide and municipal establishments chargeable for catastrophe preparedness and response. In a rustic susceptible to a myriad of pure disasters, on the nationwide degree Tayar Nepal will construct the capability of catastrophe threat administration (DRM) establishments, together with the newly created Nationwide Catastrophe Danger Discount Administration Company (NDRRMA).
Data and GIS Manager Domestically, Tayar will help eight city municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans after which help the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical help packages enhance catastrophe resilience. Within the occasion of a catastrophe over the lifetime of the five-year challenge, USAID/Nepal could have interaction this system’s fast emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work carefully with the Authorities of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical help, commodity help, small-scale infrastructure, and data administration help. Tayar will apply classes discovered from catastrophe response efforts to enhance national-level DRM methods and municipal-level risk-reduction actions.
- Establish sources of related knowledge, and oversee the creation of a central knowledge administration system in Tayar accessible to related challenge stakeholders
- Coordinate the RSLUP course of with the information platform upgrades in order that knowledge and maps developed on the municipal degree might be uploaded to a cloud-based system that serves as a long-term repository accessible to different municipalities.
- Guarantee oversight and common upkeep to databases and help communications to report quantitative outcomes on program standing and affect.
- Help knowledge assortment, knowledge high quality management, instruments for evaluation, and so forth. Contribute to on-going design of instruments/strategies that can help stakeholder and group participation and improvement planning.
- Design and put together spatial and temporal knowledge/GIS maps and associated displays of spatial knowledge for Tayar Nepal’s focused municipalities the place varied challenge prompts shall be carried out.
- Replace and preserve the GIS database and maps in shut session with the related nationwide and worldwide establishments.
- Work carefully with technical workforce to construct relationships and supply coaching to nationwide and native authorities and civil society stakeholders on integrating utilizing GIS to facilitate knowledge evaluation and visualization.
- College diploma in related subject required. Masters most popular.
- Geospatial evaluation expertise with demonstrated expertise utilizing geospatial software program together with ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth Professional, and others as relevant. Portfolio of GIS merchandise produced required.
- 10 years of related expertise, together with no less than 5 years of labor expertise in survey methodology,
- knowledge assortment and evaluation utilizing superior software program
- Experience in conducting analysis to find, acquire and set up knowledge units.
- Expertise working with stakeholders to construct capability in knowledge evaluation and visualization.
Expertise establishing web-enabled ICT platforms.
Class = Improvement and Undertaking
Openings = 1
Place Kind = Full Time
Expertise = Please test emptiness particulars.
Schooling = Please test emptiness particulars
Posted Date = 18 Oct, 2020
Apply Earlier than = 23 Oct, 2020
Metropolis = Lalitpur
Location and Reporting
The Knowledge & GIS Supervisor stories to the Monitoring, Analysis, and Studying Workforce Director. The place relies in Kathmandu, with journey to precedence Tayar municipalities.
Data and GIS Manager candidates ought to submit an up to date CV to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by October 23, 2020.
Ladies and individuals with disabilities, marginalized and deprived communities are inspired to use.Data and GIS Manager