Community Health Facilitator
Community Health Facilitator Tuki Association Sunkoshi is a member-based non-governmental, non-profit social development organization registered in the District Administration Office of Sindhupalchok and the Government of Nepal in 1992, and is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council (SWC).
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Community Health Facilitator
Tuki Association Sunkoshi is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working rigorously in different thematic areas collaborating with different development partners and local government in Sindhupalchok district for 26 years. Tuki is now going to implement the Strengthening Approaches for Maximizing Maternal, Neonatal, and Reproductive Health (SAMMAN)project partnering with CARE Nepal.This project aims to improve the quality of maternity health and safe motherhood.
Tuki Association Sunkoshi is seeking dynamic, energetic, well experienced, professional and highly qualified Nepali citizens to work in the above entitled project for following position.
Vacancy number: 01-2077/078
JOB POSITION: Community Health Facilitator
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or nursing, fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Job LOCATION: Sindhupalchok with frequent travel to Sunkoshi RM, Bhotekoshi RM, Balephi RM, Barabhise M, Lisankhupakhar RM, Tripurasundari RM
Familiarity with GoN health policy, plan and service delivery system, experience in planning, conducting action and operational research, recording and reporting, publication and dissemination, advocacy of MNCH and RH issues, monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills and communication skill.
The CHF/Ois responsible for documentation and activities implementation of the project in the district. H/She is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and advocacy of project in the municipals. The incumbent requires providing technical assistance to FCHVs; health workers for effective monitoring, evaluation, documentation, and dissemination of project process, achievement and learning.
The incumbent is also responsible for the timely reporting as per the project document and also provide technical support to DPC in conducting research studies and special/case studies and link with advocacy initiatives around RH and MNH and Family Planning issues in the district/municipal.
The incumbent is responsible for inter-sectoral coordination and networking in the municipal and work in team with a common goal of Strengthening Approaches for Maximizing Maternal, Neonatal, and Reproductive Health (SAMMAN) in Sindhupalchok District of Bagmati Province of Nepal.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||B.P.H. (Bachelors in Public Health)|
|Posted Date||09 Oct, 2020|
|Apply Before||14 Oct, 2020|
Following are the key roles of CHF/O:
I. Program, Planning and Implementation (15%)
- Assist District Project Coordinator (DPC) in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual plan of project activities in the district ensuring the timely sharing to project team
- Ensure and provide guidance to all Community Health Facilitators (CHF) to prepare monthly and quarterly plan
- Assist DPC to review project budget and plan it for the implementation of project activities
- Support admin and finance assistant in requesting project budget on time and disbursing it with high compliance
- Involve in direct implementation of project activities directly or indirectly ensuring overall management at district and municipal level
- Assist to share the project activity plan periodically to respective line agency (DHO/DPHO/Municipal) and ensure the participation of project team in RHCC/DPAC/M-RMPAC, mostly.
- Provide timely supervision to project staffs with planned supervisory mechanism (tools, process, reporting etc.) and ensure whether all the project activities are being implemented as per the plan or not and monitor the overall activities in line with resources allocated.
- Focus on activities which are highly prioritized by the project Family Planning (FP), Birth Preparedness Package (BPP), Birthing Centre Strengthening, Community Based Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness (CB IMNCI), MSS (Minimum Service Standard) package, FCHV Modular Package, Self-Applied Technique for Quality Health (SATH), Community Health Score Board (CHSB) and overall maternal and child health in the district.
- Ensure that CHF/O is being regularly participated in major activities of the Health Office and Municipal especially those related to the project activities
II. M&E, Documentation Research (40%)
- Prepare project accomplished reports on time in close coordination with DPC, District focal person, FP/RH officer, Health Coordinators and CARE Nepal
- Prepare and communicate the trip report to project team
- Document the learnings, major findings and innovations with high priority ensuring the visibility of Donor, CARE, Health Office, Municipal and respective partner organization in project district
- Ensure timely documentation and reporting of SATH, CHSB, CB-IMNCI, Birthing center update and others as per the need of project
- Submit timely monthly and quarterly plan to CARE Nepal (M&E and Documentation Specialist) ensuring the quality of report every time
- Ensure all the visitors (inside or outside the country) get updated in project activities in the field with quality work done with the support from CHFs as and when required
- Assist Program Manager, M&E and Documentation Specialist and consultant in the preparation of M&E tools, operational research, base line survey, outcome survey and end line survey ensuring the quality of information received from respective respondents.
- Support to analyses and document the data generated from field to produce evidence based and quality reports so that project can use it for wider sharing and resource leverage.
III. Linkage, coordination and advocacy, program integration and implementation (35%)
- Assist DPC to coordinate with district/municipal level line agencies and like-minded organizations for better outcome of the project.
- Assist DPC in the participation in RHCC and DPAC/M-RMPAC for good coordination among stakeholders.
- Assist to share the project update with Health Office/Municipal periodically and ensure the participation in joint monitoring and supervision for better understanding and coordination.
- Assist DPC in joint planning and implementation with HO/Municipal for similar activities to avoid the duplication and better use of scarce resource.
- Assist to coordinate with Municipal for leverage of local resources in family health (FP/MNCH).
- Implement project activities at focused ward/municipal in close coordination with Health coordinator/Health Office
- Supportive work in close coordination with HFOMCs/CSGs/MG-H in respective ward and municipal
IV. Contribute in mainstreaming RBA/GED/Good Governance through effective implementation of strategic direction and health strategy. (10%)
- Ensure access to basic right to health care services and participation in community forums for Poor, Vulnerable and Socially Excluded (PVSE) groups in the project area
- Right Based Approach (RBA), Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) and Good Governance should be reflected in every activity through the project
- Mainstreaming of RBA/GED/Good Governance should be ensured
Interested candidates meeting above criteria are requested to submit application along with recently updated CV, copies of testimonials, experiences, training and citizenship certificate and two referees to: email@example.com not later than 14th October 2020 before 5:00pm. Only short listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Female from Dalit and Janajati candidates meeting above qualifications, experiences, skills and capacity are encouraged to apply.
Community Health Facilitator
Human Resource Management Sub Committee
Tuki Association Sunkoshi (TASK)